I have experience delivering Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) in NHS Primary Care and services specifically for severe and enduring emotional difficulties. I also have substantial experience working with drug and alcohol addictions (individual and group CBT). I have been a counsellor and psychotherapist for respected community based organisations including Mind.
Areas of Experience
During my clinical work I have supported clients with psychological difficulties ranging from:
- Worry and anxiety
- Low self-esteem
- Anger management
- Relationship issues
- Couples counselling
- Life dilemmas
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Trauma-related stress (PTSD)
- Bereavement and loss
- Sexuality issues
- Problems at work and more….
Training & Education
- Doctorate in Counselling Psychology
- Post-graduate Diploma in Psychology
- Certificate in Professional Development: Counselling Skills.
- Member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (MBACP)
- Chartered Member of the British Psychological Society (CPsychol)
- Registered with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC)
- Registered with Counselling Directory
I adhere to a strict code of ethics and principles for approved professional practice. I receive regular clinical supervision for my client work and I am professionally insured and qualified to practice.